I love it when my daughter wants to chat about friends, school, and life. I never want those conversations to end. That is why I created a list of 25 conversation starters that will get you and your daughter connecting and chatting in no time.
As her mom, I feel like I can guide her and help her through some tough parts of growing up. There are times though where it can be hard to get her to talk about anything. I always want to keep lines of communication and conversations going with my daughter as she grows up.
For the days where we can’t get them to talk about ANYTHING, Mama I got you covered. This list of 25 conversation starters will help you start conversations with her and really connect with her heart.
Remember though, there may be days when these conversations may not happen. You know your child and you can tell when the time is right. They need space and time to decompress just like we do as adults. My advice is to give her that time and respect too.
I thought it would be helpful to create a download for you so that you can print or take a screenshot of this list on your phone! It can be your secret stash of conversation starters when you need them most! The download is in my RESOURCE LIBRARY so all you have to do is sign up below to get it today!
Here are a few from the list to get you started…..
- What friend is really there for you?
- What makes you feel happy lately?
- Which teacher helps you the most at school?
- What’s your favorite place in the house to relax?
- What would your dream bedroom look like?
- What is something you are grateful for in the past 24 hours?
Talking to our girls as they grow up can be challenging at times but also the best. Every girl is different. They may not always feel open to talk, but it is so important for us to keep trying and creating opportunities for them to open up to us.
Here are a few ice breaker ideas to get you in the door.
- Bring up a snack to her bedroom. You can chat and have a snack together.
- Ask her to help you with something around the house. Doing a common task together can get you two talking in no time.
- Ask to paint her nails for her or brush or braid her hair.
I hope these ideas will help you connect with your daughter and start some real meaningful conversations together. I am rooting for you Mama and cheering you on! Creating an Adventure List together is also another great way to connect and have conversations! Remember, if she’s not in the mood just try again another day. They need us to keep trying no matter what.